Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Diary April 17 - New Blooms!!


Wouldn't you know it? Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day was Sunday and here it is 2 days later - 
and I have more things blooming!!!!!
 So I thought I would show you some of today's beauties anyway:

Sweet smelling Thalia daffodil - 2 blooms on 1 stalk


White trillium


Red Trillium (mine is almost a burgundy colour)


Labrador violets with their little purple leaves


Pink Triumph Tulip (although I planted Flaming Parrot and Blushing Girl!!)
Must have been packaged wrong - it's lovely anyway.



The Viburnum x burkwoodii opened and it's oh! so fragrant!!


The squirrels haven't touched the rest of the Apeldoorn tulips so I thought I'd shoot a photo of them with the stone fish
(I put my 3 statues out the other day - this fish, my little girl reading a book and Brer Rabbit)


6 comments:

Nadezda said...

Astrid, what a lovely figure of Rabbit! It remind me The White Rabbit that looked for his gloves (Alice in Wonderland).
Your spring garden is nice.

Indie said...

Very pretty! I love those bright red tulips - they definitely make an impact!

Alistair said...

Watch out for that rabbit, I am sure he is eyeing up your plants.Love your Spring plants, especially that fabulous red Trillium.

Astrid said...

Nadezda! nice to hear from you. Yes I love that rabbit! It's the only type of rabbit I like to see in the garden :)

Indie: You're right about the red tulips. I should buy several dozen more this fall and plant in.

Alistair: I wish the red trillium would propagate but at least I have the one beauty!

Thanks to all of you for your wonderful comments.
Astrid

Jennifer said...

Astrid, Isn't Alistair funny! That rabbit is too cute! I love the trilliums. Where did you buy them?

Astrid said...

Hi Jennifer
Maybe Alistair is right and the Stone Bunny is kahoots with the rest of the nibblers!! I already have damage to my hostas :(
Re: trilliums: they have been in the garden for over 20 years so I'm really not sure where I got them. All I can say is that I buy most of my plants for Connon Nurseries on Hwy 5 in Waterdown. Once I made an excursion with a friend to Humber Nurseries in Toronto. They have a LOT of specialty plants. Maybe I got them there?? Hope you can find some! Be sure to try online sources too.
Astrid